Thursday, November 17, 2011

Cynthia Conwell Cook


Dear Mike: 
Your Mom and mine were pregnant together.  For as long as I can remember, I wanted to earn your respect and admiration.  I recall an early birthday party (maybe age 5) when we played "break the bridge" and I knocked myself out against the bridge you were making with someone else.  You wouldn't allow the bridge to be broken, and I wouldn't stop trying! 
 
I also remember the bike trip you took with Peter, David, and Nicky, and how much I wanted to be part of that trip.  I couldn't understand then (and even now I find it hard to accept) that it would be unsuitable for a teenage girl like me to go off on a bike trip of several days with four guys!
 
We didn't stay in touch after high school (and writing those books for Mr. Linn), but I have followed your career from afar and read your books with great interest.  I love it that all of us who did so much math and physics in high school have ended up in people-oriented professions.  I can tell from your blog that you have had a productive and interesting life and have made many people happy.  May God bless and keep you.
 
Love, Cynthia Conwell Cook 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your memories of Michael.