Monday, November 14, 2011

David L. VanDerlip


Hello Pam,

Thanks for contacting me and letting me know about Mike.  I still remember the great bike trip.  It was Mike's idea-I just went along for the ride and what a ride!  We didn't have helmets in those days and the fork on the old 'Raleigh' 3 speed collapsed and down I went, somewhere in Vermont.  The next thing I remember, I was lying on my back in the grass.  I had a bad concussion.  Mike may remember that and the trip to his grandparents in Boston and West Tisbury on Martha's Vineyard.  You could never do this today and the only reason I got to do it was because Mike organized the whole thing.  We were also in band together.  Ask him if he remembers Mr. Dellert and how he occasionally lost his temper and broke his baton on the lectern. Please share with Mike and let him know I am thinking of him and wish him well.

David L. VanDerlip

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your memories of Michael.