Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Deb Curtis


Dear Michael,

Do you remember when you offered a special tutorial for Edgar and me on the history of anthropology? I saved the notebook, it's over 14 years old. Edgar and I would marvel at your lectures. 

I teach the anthropology of sexuality course just as you taught me and when I've taught your book in class, my students were never more engaged.

I saw the wonderful photo of your family on Pam's blog. Your sons are handsome. I remember when Jacob was born. I wanted to hold him.  You let me hold him for a moment but given the loving father that you were wanted him in your arms. I don't know many men, who wanted to hold their children as much as you wanted to hold yours.

I have twin daughters who are 13. I teach anthropology at a small college in Newport. I love teaching anthropology. 

Thank you for training me. Thank you for being so generous with your stories, your ideas, and your experiences.

Thought you might enjoy a photo of my twin daughters, Emma and Zoe, dressed as cherries on Halloween.

Yours, Deb Curtis

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your memories of Michael.