Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Eric Wenzel


I met Michael briefly in at Shehaqua in PA.  It was an important time for me as I was preparing to launch a program in India aimed at reducing religious-related violence.  I didn't expect to meet someone at Shehaqua who not only had some understanding of Indian culture, but was familiar with the Swaminarayan sect in which had been the victim of violence. That was Michael Moffatt.  It meant a lot to me to meet someone who understood what I was endeavoring to do.

I traveled to India three times soon after that meeting and worked with both Hindus and Muslims from Gujarat and other areas.  Because of Michael sharing his knowledge with me, he had a small part in all of that.  There are people you meet briefly and forget.  There are other people you meet briefly and they somehow leave a lasting impression or leave something with you forever. 


Fond regards,

Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your memories of Michael.